Monday, May 10, 2010

Final Artist Statement

During my year in digital photography I think I was most successful with learning the tools on Photoshop. I was able to pick up very quickly on things after taught to me. I felt this way because I could do a tutorial by just following directions and learning off of that. I struggled mostly with camera technology because it was hard for me to figure out ways to take pictures differently and to learn the different modes on the camera. This could be improved in the future by taking the time to understand the camera more by learning more and experiencing with it. I think I have shown in improvement in taking pictures. I learned that there are plenty of different angles to take pictures instead of just one. There are different kinds of pictures, like macros, landscapes, and portraits; they each give a different view on a picture. I learned to make photos interesting in every possible way.
My favorite thing I have learned in this class is Photoshop because there are so many things you can do with this program. You can do about anything if you put your mind to it. The only thing about Photoshop is that you have to actually learn about the tools on it, you can probably teach yourself, but there are lots of things to learn. In the future I will probably use this in the future, but probably for just the fun of it. I could use it for entertainment and making projects on my own.
Although, I didn’t finish the Surrealism project I think it related mostly to me and my life experiences because I have a passion for music and the piano keys show that. I love to play piano and sing. Also, the CD project that is progress connects to me because I love anything that deals with music. My life experiences affect my art and my perspective of how I see the world because everything I do I try to relate it to music. Any chance I get I reflect on music, that’s why I take interest in learning instruments, but im very interested in the piano.
I haven’t been in this class for the whole year, but the artist I think I related to the most was Magritte because his style was very unique and when I do my projects I like to be unique. He had a passion for being surreal like I have a passion for being very music oriented. I also like Magritte’s work; it catches my eye because of its originality.

No comments: